The work is starting to ramp up, the challenges are greater, but everything is still as fun as ever!
In production, we have now perfected our Gannt charts and schedules, a great guide to follow for the final project.
We have gone over everything we need to do and build for the final, and are hard at work getting things rolling.
In our drawing class we learned empirical perspective. Most people would know this as "OHHHHH you're drawing with a stick for measuring things...and you squint a lot! riiiighhhht..." I've never been a big fan of empirical as I've never understood it properly. I'm more of a linear perspective kinda person. I'm finding this goes for a lot of artists, you are either one way or the other about perspective styles. Next week we will be doing life drawing, so for homework we've been asked to draw a portrait from a photograph.
Animation we have concluded with the bouncing, jumping, squishing ball and have now moved on to animating a flour sack, leaping from a diving board. I'm really looking forward to this challenge. I need to model the environment as well as block out the animation with timing.
Rigging we have taken our slinky rig up a notch. My teacher showed me 4 different ways to rig a slinky, It's now up to me to decide which way I want to do it and make it awesome. Stay tuned to see things work :)
For lighting we have gone over our shaders and made our final textures just that much better. Still some notes to work one, making things look gooey and wet and creepy. For every good piece of artwork you need an emotional response, I'm looking forward to cries of "eww".
This week we used our photography class to film our final project footage. Learning how to have a good slate, how to get all the measurements you need and getting your shot timed. Hopefully all will turn out well for this.
Modelling we reviewed the room I modelled. Even though my teacher was impressed that I got it finished (he didn't think I would), there is still a lot of detail that needs to be modelled. So I will be working on making the models more photo real over the next couple weeks as well as adding textures and bump maps not just shaders.
For compositing, we are taking one last crack at roto for the lady in red. It's almost there but her hair is still bubbling something fierce. We also worked on keying, learning to make multiple keys to make one clean key. Our assignment for next week will be to cleanly create a matte, and track it into another piece of footage with a background image as well.
Finally in particles, we need to finish our butterfly files, as well as RBD fracture files.