Drawing was all about finishing our still life that we built ourselves. Filling out the form, then adding details. It will be marked next week, so I'm looking forward to seeing how I did and what I can to improve. So far I'm pretty happy with it (you can check it out on my portfolio page under life drawing).
Animation we are taking a second crack at animating pendulums. The challenge was to take two different pendulums of different weight and animate them correctly over 150 frames. Aside from that, we discussed how to animate our objects and what types of rigs we should be thinking about for the objects in our final project.
Rigging, we talked about all different rigs for our final objects. I certainly have a few that need to be placed on my eyeball model. The plan is to have it completely rigged by the weekend.
I've been really on top of my homework so I've had some extra time that I can expand my skills in, so I've been working on some side projects, commissions and just practicing my modelling. Looking forward to my next side project of re-designing Atlas and Peabody from portal in steampunk style...in a steampunk phase right now :p
Lighting went really well this week. My shaders turned our really well, my glass shader was a bit of a fluke but now I know all different ways to make better glass and what types of attributes I should be using for plate glass vs rounded glass. Stay tuned for updated images next week!
Photography we have started doing green screen work. Taking photos and editing the green screen in photoshop, as well as making video and editing both stills and video in Nuke. We created mattes, removed the green screen and added background images.
Modelling we covered Mudbox and how to texture. The eyeball I have posted is just the beginnings of my eye texture. Still needs to look more gooey.
In Compositing this week we covered camera tracking and did some more rotoscope practice. This was really cool. Picking a part on an image, then tracking it through an entire video sequence. This allows us to stabalize and center the camera image to make for a smooth shot. We also added in colour correction, adding noise to the film. I always wondered why you would add noise to a digital film, but found out that this gives the digital image the feel that it was actually recorded on film.
Particles this week was awesome. We started playing with rigid body dynamics. Making objects fall, adding or taking away gravity. Changing resistance, collision and friction levels. This allows you to make really realistic explosions, object drops etc OR really ridiculous scenes of bouncing balls, flying objects and skidding right across the screen.
Whenever classes aren't happening we spend all of our lab time working hard to get our assignments to 110%. Thursday and Friday before class were filled with getting my assignments for next week done. This leaves me a lot of time for tweaking, making things better and practicing my skills.